Live hearing: AirPods as assistance to listening
For many years, Live Listening has been around and works for iPhone hearing aids with Made. These are hearing aids for connecting to your iPhone. You can also use Live Listening from iOS 12 with the AirPods if you don’t have such a hearing aid. How are you setting up this and how does it work precisely?
What’s Live Hearing?
Live Listening is a way to listen to discussions, as the name indicates, but through your iPhone and a linked hearing aid. Live Listening is using your iPhone’s microphone. Your iPhone collects all the noise and sends it to the attached hearing aid wirelessly. So it’s like extending a normal listening aid. This listening feature is particularly helpful in loud settings or if you want to hear on the other side of the room what someone is saying.
What do I need to listen to live?
In order to use Live Listening you need the following:
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- A suitable for AirPods (from iOS 12) or iPhone hearing aids.
There are all sorts of hearing aid brands that can work with your iPhone. The most well-known is the ReSound and Cochlear instruments. You need at least iOS 12 in order to use the AirPods in conjunction with the Live Listening feature.
How can I install Live Listening?
The measures for using a hearing aid or AirPods vary if you want to use Live Listening. The settings are used to set up a listening aid, but you use a key in the Control Panel for the AirPods.
- Hearing aid
Install Live Hearing with a hearing aid
With a listening help, how to set up Live Listening:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing aids for MFi on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the hearing aid that is attached.
- To begin the feature, tap Live listening to begin.
Then you hold the individual you want to hear better with your iPhone. This implies that his or her voice comes straight into you without being disrupted by ambient sounds thanks to the linked hearing aid.
Set up Live AirPod listening
You use AirPods Live Listening as follows:
- Make sure you are paired and activated with your AirPods.
- Go to Settings > Panel control > Controllers adjust.
- Now click the sign next to Hear’s green plus.
- Close and swipe the Settings app to open the Control Panel.
- Tap the Hear button that has been added.
- Now you’ll see the name of the linked AirPods. To activate it, tap List Live.
The balls show the detection of the amount of noise. You can also disable the feature at any moment in the same manner. All the sound you receive from your iPhone is now performed via your AirPods. The individual sounds like you’re having a phone discussion with him or her when you’re speaking to someone. The sound quality, however, is much greater and sounds crystal clear to the other individual.